Friday, April 13, 2007

Welcome

Oh and agh and uh, hello, welcome to my first blog--well, the first I've been paid to write and my first since my short-lived MySpace account (1 Corinthians 13:11*).

Never really understood what people got out of posting and reading others’ rants and raves and thesaurus-written ramblings until I began my job at The Consumer Justice Group and realized there’s much more to the neologistic gerund (a quick ShiftF7 for "blogging").

Every M-F I’m scouring the good and bad of consumer and legal advice on the net, researching, finding interesting topics, staring at screens ‘til my eyes feel like they’ve got daggers in them. Occasionally, but more frequently, I’ll come across blogs from a law firm whose attorney’s scribbled something that sounds like news or advice but really exists to make it appear they have something new or important to say so Google’s bots will spider them.

But I suppose that’s business.

Our competition is mega-law firms with PR personalities (about that of a turnip) and metastasizing advertising agencies eating the good tissue of reliable help on the web.

So, unable to change their content, I’ve started this blog to add my own ir-, semi-, and relevant content. It’s now part of my job description. Here I can still help get the word out about CJG and build links to our page while taking a break from composing web content. It’s a dalliance better than designing jewelry from strung paperclips and other office supplies or resharpening the pencils in my desk like a burned out IBM engineer.

It’s my hope you’ll find what I’ll be posting personable, enjoyable, and informative--perhaps in that order.

Feel free to comment or drop me an e-mail with questions on previous or suggestions for future entries. Until then, I’ll keep posting on everything** legal.


Envy all people, let none annoy thee.


* This quote does not indicate an endorsement of the Christian Bible, nor does this disclaimer represent a disavowal of the bestseller. It’s a good quote. I’d like to leave it at that.

** Please note: Not “everything”. Not even most things. But nothing on this page will be illegal--fortune, weather, human will, and deities permitting.

2 comments:

AlegraMarcel said...

What's wrong with self promotion?

Anonymous said...

personable, enjoyable, and informative. and yes, it was in that order.